Required Documents

There are several documents you will need to enroll your child in Akron Public Schools.

Child’s official birth certificate

Child’s immunization record

Two proof-of-residency documents for the parent/guardian (Proof of residency is any “official” mail coming to the parent/guardian’s address that includes their name, address and a current date.)

Acceptable proof of residency may include, but is not limited to, the following:

  • utility bills
  • lease/rental agreements
  • sales agreements
  • bank statements
  • personal bills
  • postal change of address
  • pay stubs
  • local, state or federal documents

***Please note that “junk” mail will not be accepted.

Photo ID for parent/guardian

Custody papers: if there has been a divorce from a birth parent or a custody issue of any kind

IEP and ETR: if the current IEP/ETR was issued by any other school or district, other than Akron Public Schools

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2020 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.