Our motto: Learning for all through learning supports
The special education department is dedicated to the following beliefs:
- All children can learn.
- All individuals deserve to be treated with respect.
- We hold high expectations for student achievement.
- The rights of children with disabilities should be upheld and honored.
- All children will have access to and progress in the general education curriculum.
- Special education is a service, not a place.
- A full continuum of services best supports the needs of children.
- An alignment must be created between a student's individual needs and educational services.
- Performance must be measured systematically.
- The emphasis should be on the child, not on the disability.
- Integrity is essential to trust.
- Communication should be by fact.
- It takes an entire community to support a child.